Sunday, August 2, 2009

Collectors


I have an eclectic group of friends. They come in all shapes, sizes and personality types. There’s this one type, I’ve always had ambiguous feelings for. The collectors. They collect things. Like books, films, music, images, ads, fonts, comics, gadgets ,lingos– and not just any shit - rare things, classic stuff – things that scream out individuality and intellectual snobbery. And sometimes, I hate to admit it, I’ve been friends with them just so that I could get a taste of all this culture they hoard. Of course, there’s more to them (although not always), but I find meeting them exciting, enlightening mostly because they’re collectors. You know, so that I can collect their stuff and be a cool kid for someone else or something.
There’s always this competition thing that’s going on between the collectors. Who’s got more. And for how less. Or with how much effort. These are things that make you stand apart. They elevate you from being a mere trivia whore to Star Wars Geekitude. And that’s something to be respected.
So anyway, since I have a lot of time to bum about at work, I decided to spend my time constructively. I decided to collect ads and images , the coolest (although not the rarest as a collector friend recently pointed out) and the funniest. So, I’ve decided to share some (only the ads for now)– and in case you know what I’m talking about – you’ll definitely copy these into your sacred little image folder. Go on, indulge.


Now this I love. It says ‘Pluto we will miss you’ and ‘We’re for underdogs too’ (in case you couldn’t make out the copy). It kind of warms you with its maudlin wit, doesn’t it? What a perfect ad for Pedigree.









Cheeky, eh?




















Every image has a sound. This one won some award or something. Woohoo! Bubblewrap rocks. So do typewriters.











Ah the wonder of wonderbra. There were just so many – but I guess this is one of the more popular ones along with the “I never read the Economist” one.













Indeed.





Now I really don’t give a shit whether you think Jim Morrison is over-rated or not. But this is yum and you better think so, alright?








Haha. It’s a Fender ad. Long live Keith Richards. How does he do it though?!













It’s a little dated, but cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

more
more
MORE

- nic