Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dylan still rocks, and so does Cal.

Firstly, I am at home. And this has been one of the best holidays ever. Right now, sitting in front of our 6 year old Toshiba (I LOVE this old fellow), listening to Orbit rock, and I feel a general sense of bliss. I just finished watching an episode Beverly Hills 90210 on TV - and surprise, surprise - Dylan McKay still rocks. Haha. I forgot how much I used to like him!
This Diwali, has been a total blast from the past (I know, terrible - but all this ugly punning comes from writing radio spots and the like). I met family, friends (for once, the world seemed to have returned to Cal), went to old my neighbourhood, felt like I was 13 again (stole shy glances at the "brother you could never be"), lit tubris, chorkis and did my bit to add to global warming. My brother had a pre-birthday dinner, since we'd all be leaving by then, at one of my favourite restaurants, where I had first learnt to use chopsticks. It's been delicious, this visit, it really has.
I love it when Cal is all lit up and happy and we're all together as a family.
I miss my 90s. I miss Bev. Hills, denim, my cycle, Nirvana, playing guitar on my badminton racket and my grandparents. It was a seriously cool time.

2 comments:

Supriya said...

Cal is always fun isn't it? :)

Engee said...

Not. But it has its moments.