Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Growing up

After a long and shivering phone conversation (I was shivering, because it was cold outside at 2.30 a.m.) my good bud K and I decided that we are finally adults now and that, it totally sucks sometimes.

We also decided that we like to make films the best, and that, the high of making one is so addictive that you cannot help but crave for it on days of nothing.

I decided that he is still a bit of a poet and needs to say bye to Cal, at least for now, because it is time.

Last year, in Delhi, when it was about this cold, or a little colder, I had a superbly lonely epiphany. And I'm so glad that it happened. And in Cal, for my two unemployed months, it happened again. Can you keep having them epiphanies? I don't know. Must check the Abrahm's Literary Terms book. Either way, K had his own coming-of-age story, which was kind of waiting to happen anyway. Good, good.

I have left this job mentally and emotionally, but the final act is pending. Once I do, it's going to be quite random again. There's only that much lipstick you can put on a pig.

4 comments:

kedar said...

i'm sorry this comment's got nothing to do with your post. but, i must say you write pretty well.

now, the next time you log in to blogger, please check the show-my-email-id box on your profile page. that way, i (or anyone whose blog you comment on) can directly reply to you from gmail. thanks.

Engee said...

Thanks and done :)

The Absolutist said...

job chharo film banao... thats my moto...

kedarnath gupta said...

and please, for god's sake, check the show-my-email-id box. it still doesn't show on your blogger profile. if you don't know how, get on chat and i'll take you through it.