Monday, November 16, 2009

The letter that wasn't

This is what I'd LOVE to say:
Dear X and Y,
While it's been wonderful working at your organisation, where I downloaded hours worth of music, videos, played Mafia Wars and Facebooked like crazy, I think it's time for me to quit. I think this arrangement would suit both you and me, because you see, no wait, what am I saying? You DON'T see. You don't see ANYTHING. You're like 2 blind mice, trying to take my eyes out as well like some crazy Saw movie. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, I cannot continue to romanticize my flaking wallflower existence anymore, because turns out, someone else beat me to it. The entire point of working in a small organisation is to learn more and do more - and stick to it despite a poor salary, no PF, no conveyance and no insurance of any kind. It would have been FINE. But you know, it's NOT, when your bosses treat you like shit despite working hard and making an effort to be, well, friendly. Yes, yes, I know, I'm making it sound like I'm some sort of a poor victim here (which incidentally, I AM), but let's forget the whining for a bit. I am concerned X and Y. I am concerned because your organisation is small, and barely staying afloat and you still faff around like you're in college. You send an inexperienced newbie like me, to go and deal with a client, because you stormed out of a meeting, because you felt insulted. You almost lost a client and sent ME, to salvage things? Like, seriously? It's been almost a year since you got this office, and you've still not done it up. Your generator doesn't work beyond an hour. You forget to pay your bills. You lie all the time on the phone and you're always making fun of clients. And the jokes aren't even funny.
And let's get to the work bit. I get it agencies can sometimes be slow. Sometimes there's a lot of work, sometimes none for days. But when there IS work, and you're making me do it, kindly acknowledge the fact that you have received my emails and actually READ what I have written. Because there have been times you know, when you haven't even opened an attachment and forwarded it to the clients. And it's not like you unquestionably trust my abilities - you're just frikking lazy man. Next time, I'll just write about Debbie doing Dallas and....oh wait, there won't BE a next time.
Anyhoo. Thanks for all the free internet and...yeah, that's about it.
Toodles.
Engee.

6 comments:

Su said...

hahahahahaha!
run nando run!

Unknown said...

It needs to be done! DO IT!

Anonymous said...

Kick-arse. Nothing like having the ability to say, So long, and thanks for all the peanut shells. More power to you!

PeeHeichEtcetera

Engee said...

Yuss, nothing like it. I suppose. Do I know you, by the way?

Anonymous said...

Consider the irony of asking a person who replies through the anonymous option who they are. (fights insane urge to quote from V for Vendetta) But yeah, you probably do not know me in the strictly social sense anyway.

~PHeich

Engee said...

:) Oh well, it was worth a shot.