Thursday, June 17, 2010

I cannot do parties. I cannot. I get bored at them. And I can't make an effort to make them interesting. I'm a thrill freeloader, not a provider. I can only entertain if I really like you, and/or you may have seen in me in my underwear at some point of time in my life. So yeah.
I've been missing college of late, and so decided to call over some old friends from the old school. And I was happy, because we made excellent happy drunks and generally got along. But I think an hour into this intermingling of two very different crowds, I started getting angsty. There was this weird vibe and I just wanted them to leave so that everyone could relax. I like all of them. But you just shouldn't mix friends. No-one is a potato.
I miss the college fun. It was simpler. It was within a routine. It was speckled with exams and serious shit. Life now is like La Dolce Vita. Absofuckinglutely out of control. I am an old, serious woman of routine and method. Push me out of the line and I'm like Mrs. Thurlow. Don't disorient me if you can help it. I have a library personality.

I am so crazy bored right now. Of Bombay, of work, of the sameness. I need to travel somewhere. But work is like a leech. I can't let go, without them letting go of me. Dratz.

2 comments:

Blackbuck said...

I so empathise with you the party bit. It does not thrill me at all it never did. I'd rather laze out on the couch at home with a couple of good friends and have mad conversations. That is so much fun! Its good for the pocket also.

OilPastel said...

Don't say "party". It'll give you the heebiejeebies.